Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy rice casserole - good with steaks or stir-fry meals.
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup plain uncooked rice (not Minute Rice)
- 1 can Campbell's French onion soup
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 can water
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- 1 can sliced water chestnut, drained
- Stir together rice and melted butter in a 13" x 9" dish.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Mixture will look very"soupy".
- Bake at 350 degrees for about one hour- stirring occasionally and adding more water as needed if rice is becoming too dry.
This was quite good. Nice oniony flavor with alittle crunch from the water chestnuts. Mushrooms made it nice and rich tasting also. It was easy to put together and get into the oven too!
Used mushroom soup instead, threw in some green onions and used Jasmine rice. Turned out great! Thank you!
Very easy to put together with quite a bit of flavor. We eat a lot of rice and enjoyed this and will make again.