Chicken and Rice Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great chicken casserole--good enough for company. I make it when my son is visiting (DH doesn't eat chicken-go figure!!)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked Minute Rice
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 2 cans cream soup (any combination of chicken, mushroom, or celery)
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Grease 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle dry rice on bottom of dish.
- Saute celery and mushrooms in margarine.
- In a large bowl combine cans of soup, sauted celery and mushrooms and water chestnuts.
- Add half of the Lipton onion soup mix and stir well.
- Pour mixture over dry rice.
- Place chicken breasts, skin side up, over soup mixture.
- Pour water over all this.
- Sprinkle other half of dry onion soup mix over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 1 1/2 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was delicious. I really enjoyed the onion soup mix. I did saute some onions with the celery because I had one in the fridge and we love onions. I also added a little bit of cheese to the top after it was done cooking. While it was cooking I made sure to stir it a few times so the rice didn't stick and the chicken stayed moist. I used boneless skinless chicken breast and cut the pieces up. It only took about an hour because I didn't use the full amount of chicken. Thank you for the recipe.Reply
Everyone enjoyed this meal and it was very filling besides being easy to assemble. I did use skinless and boneless chicken breast and in doing so I feel I could have covered the pan with foil about half way through baking. Added a lettuce salad and fresh fruit to complete our meal. Thanks for sharing.Reply