Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From Martha Rose Schulman's excellent recipe collection.
Make and share this Rice and Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup long grain brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup toasted almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 large stalk celery, diced
- 1 apples, cored, diced and tossed with 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon or 1 lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret, steamed and refreshed with cold water
- 1. Combine first six ingredients.
- 2. Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, mustard, curry powder, cayenne and salt to taste. Whisk in the oil.
- 3. Toss the salad with dressing. Garnish with broccoli florets.