Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gourmet | August 2004
Make and share this Ribboned Zucchini Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs small zucchini, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces frisee, trimmed and torn into small pieces (French curly endive)
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, torn in half lengthwise if large
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, torn into small pieces
- 12 kalamata olives or 12 other brine-cured black olives, pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (1/2 cup)
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices with slicer and transfer to a colander set over a bowl.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes, then rinse under cold running water.
- Transfer zucchini to a clean kitchen towel and spread in 1 layer, then gently roll up towel to absorb excess water and let stand 5 minutes more.
- Whisk together oil, zest, juice, mustard, anchovy paste, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Add zucchini, frisée, herbs, olives, and onion and toss to coat. Serve immediately.