Gourmet | August 2004
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs small zucchini, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 ounces frisee, trimmed and torn into small pieces (French curly endive)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, torn in half lengthwise if large
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, torn into small pieces
- 12 kalamata olives or 12 other brine-cured black olives, pitted and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (1/2 cup)
- 1Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/8-inch-thick slices with slicer and transfer to a colander set over a bowl.
- 2Sprinkle zucchini with salt and toss to coat. Let stand 5 minutes, then rinse under cold running water.
- 3Transfer zucchini to a clean kitchen towel and spread in 1 layer, then gently roll up towel to absorb excess water and let stand 5 minutes more.
- 4Whisk together oil, zest, juice, mustard, anchovy paste, and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- 5Add zucchini, frisée, herbs, olives, and onion and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ribboned Zucchini Salad
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 1.1 mg
- Sodium 551.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g