My sister clipped this out of an October 2002 Taste of Home magazine and our family has loved making it since. Every year, it has become a tradition for me to make it during the holidays and send it to school for my son to share with his class. I always send an extra loaf so that they can put it in the teacher's lounge and he always brings home an empty plate. I use sweetened applesauce in it instead of the unsweetened and that is the only change I have made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For Filling:.
- 2Combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour and 2 egg whites in a bowl and set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, and 2 egg whites and oil.
- 4Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Add to pumpkin mixture and stir in nuts.
- 5Divide half the batter between two 8x4x2 loaf pans coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Spread each with filling then top with remaining batter.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- 8Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- 9Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ribbon Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.4 g