1/1 Photo of Rib-Eyes With Whiskey Blue Cheese Sauce and Mushrooms
1 hr 25 mins
Brandy can be used in place of the whiskey, the steaks should be about 1-inch thickness. Plan ahead the steaks have to sit for 1 hour at room temperature. This blue cheese sauce is amazing! Try to use only rib-eye steaks for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) rib eye steaks
- salt and pepper
- 2 -4 tablespoons oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 lb sliced button mushroom (can use less)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup whiskey or 1/4 cup brandy
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1Place the steaks in a shallow dish.
- 2Rub the steaks well in oil on both sides, then season with salt and pepper.
- 3Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour (no less!).
- 4Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add in onion slices and garlic; sauté for about 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- 6Then add in sliced mushrooms and continue to cook until just tender (about 5 minutes).
- 7In another skillet heat a couple tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- 8Add in the steaks; fry to desired doneness (about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare).
- 9Transfer the steaks to a plate and tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
- 10Add in the broth and whiskey or brandy to the same skillet that the steaks were fried; bring to a boil and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 11Add in the mushroom mixture; bring to a boil and simmer until the liquid is thick enough to coat the spoon lightly (about 5-6 minutes).
- 12Add in 1 cup blue cheese; stir until the cheese melts (about 1 minute).
- 13Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- 14Spoon the sauce over the steaks, then sprinkle with 1/4-1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rib-Eyes With Whiskey Blue Cheese Sauce and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1432.0
- Calories from Fat 1015
- Total Fat 112.8 g
- Saturated Fat 50.5 g
- Cholesterol 286.9 mg
- Sodium 1782.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 74.8 g