Recipe by gailanng
A Weber Grill recipe with some minor adjustments. A reminder: kosher salt is less salty than regular salt, so if substituting, use less.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon coffee, finely ground (can sub ground espresso)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 4 rib eye steaks, each about 1-inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix the butter ingredients until evenly incorporated.
- Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F).
- In a small bowl combine the rub ingredients. Lightly brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season evenly with the rub, gently pressing the rub into the meat. Allow the steaks to stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes before grilling.
- Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to your desired doneness, 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, turning once or twice (if flare-ups occur, move the steaks temporarily over indirect heat). Remove from the grill and smear the butter on top. Let rest for 3 to 5 minutes.