Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 mins
You can't get a complete meal faster than this. Seven minutes start to finish if you do the prep work before hand. Prep works consist of opening can of veggies, put in pan. Putting water in sauce pan for instant potatoes. Try a package of Betty Crockers instant potatoes "Simple Recipe Potatoes" Cheddar & Sour Cream, goes great with this steak. Heat veggies & make instant potatoes as steak is cooking. Cooking steak for 7 minutes made my steak medium rare (perfect) but I had a thicker steak. Again this is for the Xpress Redi-Set-Go machine.
- 1 (6 ounce) rib eye steaks, boneless
- 1⁄2 small onion, sliced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- browning sauce such as Kitchen Bouquet
- salt & pepper, garlic and steak seasoning to taste
- Spray Xpress Machine cooking base with non-stick cooking spray and preheat.
- Brush one side of steak with browning sauce and place sauce side down in cooking base.
- Brush top of steak with browning sauce, season, and after 1 minute turn.
- Season and top with mushrooms and onion slices.
- Close lid and cook around 7 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Heat up a can of veggies. Make instant potatoes. Complete meal done in 7 minutes.