Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This Rhubarb Pudding is a special treat my mother, Gerry Lefever used to make. My daughters and I look forward to Spring when we can make and eat this rich, sweet pudding.
- 1⁄4 cup minute tapioca
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, cut in pieces
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Combine everything.
- Place over medium heat, and cook until the mixture comes to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Chill Fantastic as a pudding or over a good vanilla ice cream.
- My Mom would add a few drops of red food coloring to make it more palatable to us as kids.
This was just excellent!! Easy to make and terrific over ice cream. The tapioca thickened it beautifully. The only thing I will do differently next time (and there will be a next time) is cut the sugar to 1 cup as I like rhubarb a little on the tart side. Thanks for posting this Ann.
This was super sweet and tasted more like a jam. I would cut down the sugar a lot next time.
This was wonderful! Finally something different to make with rhubarb! On the second try I used Spelenda and what a mistake! It was definitely ruined. Flavour, texture and colour was all wrong. Be sure to use sugar!