Recipe by mersaydees
OMG delicious! From the MAINEiacs In the Kitchen Refueling cookbook, produced to benefit the Maine Air National Guard Family Services. If desired, serve with cream, whipped cream, or ice cream. I use canned evaporated milk and love the results.
- 2 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Mix together rhubarb and sugar; set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients in bowl and add rhubarb mixture. Pour into greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with toothpick for doneness.
- Serve hot or cold with cream, whipped cream, or ice cream as desired.