Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy rhubarb pie--very very good
- 3 1⁄2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- Put pie crust in an 8" pie pan.
- In a large bowl mix the filling ingredients very well.
- Put filling in pie pan.
- In the same bowl (for flavor)melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, corn flakes and flour mix well and spread on top of pie
- Bake 350°F for 40 minutes; turn of the oven and let the pie sit for another 30 minutes.
Great pie, easy, used frozen rhubarb, thawed. I started it off at 425F for 10 or 15 minutes before turning the heat down as per recipe. Thanks for your posting.
My husband said"You can make this pie everyday" I used Honey and Oat Blenders cereal instead of cornflakes.It can be made as a dessert crisp without the crust too!