Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is sooo good.
- 1 kg rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 5 cm pieces
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 large red onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cups brown sugar
- 400 ml white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup raisins
- Place all ingredients, except raisins, in a large preserving pan.
- Cook, stirring over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Then increase the heat and gently bubble for one hour, until pulpy and reduced.
- Add raisins and cook 5 more minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
We liked this...I didn't have any jalapeno's on hand so couldn't put any in...think it would have been even better with them.