Recipe by Kaarin
I'm always looking for great rhubarb recipes-this is one of them. I love how warm and sweet this is! You can use fresh or frozen rhubarb.
Top Review by Annz Recipez
This is SOOOO good! Fantastic rhubarb taste with the comforting warmth of bread pudding. It's a great way to use up rhubarb and unfresh bread. I used sugared pecans on the top and only a cup of sugar because I don't like things too sweet and I think it came out just right. I also used skim milk and cut the butter to 2 T.
- 8 slices bread, lightly toasted, cut into 1/2 " cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bread cubes in a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Melt butter with milk in a saucepan.
- Pour over bread and let sit 15 minutes.
- Mix together the eggs, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Stir into bread mixture.
- Top with raw sugar and pecans.
- Bake at 350 55-60 minutes until set.
- Serve warm.