Peach Bread Pudding
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk, scalded
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 4 slices bread, buttered with
- 1 1⁄4 cups peaches, fresh, ripe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, beat together first 6 ingredients, eggs through salt.
- In another bowl, combine milk & water, then beat it into the egg mixture.
- In greased 1 1/2-quart casserole, layer bread, milk mixture & peaches until all ingredients are used.
- Set casserole in pan of hot water & bake 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, cool & serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Join The Conversation
Fantastic! The water bath while baking is key. I used probably 2 cups of fresh peaches w/ skins on in your recipe as well as usng fat free evaporated milk. I used a honey-nut type of sanwhich bread minus the crusts and it was wonderful. The only thing I think I needed to change was the cooking time. I had mine in for probably a good hour.At about 40 minutes it still looked runny and not setting up so I changed to convection cooking(it auto does this if needed)and let it bake for another 15....It then set up much better. Maybe I used more peached than called for so it had more of a water content?? Anyway, it all worked out in the end, and hubby loved it as our desert last night-Thank You-I'll be using this one again and again!
Syd you made my dinner fabulous yet again. I used frozen peaches which I thawed out and let come to room temperature. I used a nice potato bread. I almost missed the part about the water bath, but caught it right before putting it in the oven. I had to bump the sugar up to 3/4 cup because we like it sweeter than most. I messed up and put in 1/4 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp of almond. I really don't think it harmed it though. If anything it made it take on more of an Amaretto flavor, which I love. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag - Thanks! :)