Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine, 11/05. This is comfort food, and it's great for potlucks. You can cheat, and buy the chicken already roasted & chopped!!
- 4 cups roasted chopped chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 ounces potato chips, crushed
- In large bowl, combine chicken, green onion, bell pepper, and parsley.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, & pepper.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into chicken mixture; mix well.
- Pour into an 11x7 dish. Top with cheese & potato chips.
- Bake 15 minutes, until bubbly.
Fabulous! I make the original Cooking Light recipe, which has only 321 calories per serving and uses low-fat mayo, reduced-fat sour cream, 3/4 cup shredded Swiss Cheese, and only 2 oz of potato chips, as well as a can (8oz) of water chestnuts (drained and chopped. My whole family loves this casserole.
Made for dinner last night...My 3yr old didn't like it but that is not saying much; DH and I did! tasted a little like chicken salad and the chips added a very good salty crunch to it. Was very quick and easy! I boiled the chicken breasts and then shredded. Will make again!
This is a nice casserole for a quick weeknight dinner. Loved the potato chip and cheese topping. I baked it at 350 for 15 minutes and I think it would have been better cooked a little longer. All in all a recipe we enjoyed - thanks for posting it!