Recipe by Classy D
This Cheesecake recipe was better to me than "old school" recipes because it takes only a fraction of the time to make, it's much lower in calories and "heart healthy". I hope you enjoy it. Anxious to hear your reviews!
Top Review by Andrea in NH
This is NOT cheesecake as one would think. That being said,it is a tasty pie. NOTE: it uses 2 .3oz gelatin and not 8 oz. It has a nice lemon taste and each slice stay together very well. It's a nice summer dessert.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 1% fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 3 ounces sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix crumbs, margarine and oil.
- Press into bottom of 8" spring form pan or 8"x10-1/2" pan and chill.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water and cool until lukewarm.
- Mix cheese, sugar and vanilla in blender. Slowly add gelatin and blend well.
- Pour cheese mixture into crust and chill until firm.
- Put pineapple, pineapple juice, water and cornstarch in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Stir constantly. Cool 15 minutes.
- Spread over cheese cake and chill 1 hour or more.