Recipe by Um Safia
Here is a recipe for lemonade -- Brazilian style. If you cannot get Brazilian lemons, use limes. This makes an almost smoothie like lemonade & us deliciously refreshing! Recipe from Nestle.....Posted for ZWT 4.
Top Review by French Canadian Chef
This lemonade is just WONDERFUL, although be sure to serve IMMEDIATELY. The first time I made it was great coming out of the blender, but it sat too long (couple hours at room temp) before serving and it wasn't quite as good. It's great with a mexican dish. Next time, I'll try to save some for freezer pops.
- 4 brazilian lemons or 4 limes, washed
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 14 ice cubes, plus more for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide all ingredients half. Cut off ends of each lime and cut each into 8 wedges.
- Place one half of the ingredients in a blender & blend for 20 seconds - NO LONGER! Strain, to remove peel then pour onto a pitcher.
- Blend & strain the remaining half of the ingredients & add pitcher.
- Mix well & serve immediately over ice.