Perfect Lemonade (Real Lemons and Sugar)
photo by Lori Mama
- Ready In:
- Make simple syrup by heating the sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan until the sugar dissolves completely.
- While the sugar is dissolving, juice the lemons.
- Add the juice and the sugar water to a pitcher. Add 3 to 4 cups of cold water, more or less to the desired strength.
- Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes. If the lemonade is a little sweet, add a little more juice.
- Serve with ice and sliced lemons.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm married with 2 young children. Like lots of other folks, after getting married, I finally started learning how to cook when we got tired of take-out food. Watching Foodnetwork taught me lots of skills as well as inspired me to try. I haven't followed the shows much nowadays, but years ago my favorite chefs on FoodNetwork were Giada DeLaurentis, Ina Garten, Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, and Paula Deen. I also watched 30 minute meals with Rachel Ray but never could make my meals in 30 minutes with her recipes! ;0) My pet peeves are when people refuse to try something different, or after they've had one bad experience with a certain ingredient or food then they will never want to taste anything related or with it. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">