Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
creamy potato soup with italian sausage and kale
Make and share this Reduced Fat Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I like mild sausage)
- 2 large potatoes (sliced or cubed)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons hormel real bacon bits
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- remove sausage from casing and brown. once brown drain
- saute onions until soft add garlic saute for another minute (do not burn garlic)
- return sausage to pan
- add water and broth and stir.
- add salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- add bacon, kale and cream and heat through.
- serve garnished with parmeseam.