Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and delicious. This is extremely flavorful, so you can dial down the spices a bit, but it is amazing! I use an electric PC, but I also have a stove top, and I think the times would be the same for either. Cut the pieces into serving pieces beforehand, so each is browned and simple to serve. Use a drinkable red wine. I buy box wines to keep on hand for cooking, and they are perfect for this. I serve this with garlic roasted mashed potatoes and honey-glazed carrots.
- In a separate dutch oven on the stove (or in the PC if using a non-electric one) brown all of the meat in oil. Get a really good sear on all sides.
- Transfer meat to PC, and deglaze the pan with red wine, stirring to get up ll browned bits.
- Add the wine to the PC.
- Add remaining ingredients except water and cornstarch.
- Cover PC and bring to high pressure. Cook for 60 minutes, and let pressure release naturally.
- Open cover, remove meat and let rest covered with foil.
- Make a slurry with cornstarch and water, and add to liquid in PC. Increase heat if needed to bring to boil, and whist until thickened.