Red Wine Crock Pot Roast
Yes, another roast recipe, but SO VERY GOOD!!! TRY IT!
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 5mins
- 2 cups red wine (or more! It's good for you!)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 4 lbs trimmed beef roast
- 1 -2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Place roast in crock pot and season with pepper.
- Mix rest of ingredients together and pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Remove roast to rest on platter.
- Turn crock pot to high.
- Whisk cornstarch into juices to thicken.
- This makes a wonderfully tasty au jus, or over mashed potatoes.
- You can easily make additions to this: garlic, pearl onions, mushrooms etc.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 57 more