Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Southern Living magazine.
Make and share this Red Velvet Madeleines recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 shiny madeleine pans.
- Beat the sugar, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla extract with an electric mixer for 5 minutes on medium-high, or until mixture looks thick and pale.
- Add melted butter and red food coloring, and beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into the egg mixture.
- Fill each cup of the madeleine pans about 3/4 full (about 1 tablespoon per madeleine).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or when madeleines spring back when lightly touched.
- Immediately remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving (optional).
Very good and easy to make. I skipped the powdered sugar. I also got 36 instead of 24 and I think my Madeleine pan is standard size. Made for Spring 2014 PAC.