Recipe by keen5
Cook time may be less at sea level, since this is a high altitude recipe from the Colorado Cache cookbook.
Top Review by ellie_
Very easy to make fish recipe. We had it with baked potatoes that we cooked along with the fish. It didn't have as much zip as I was hoping for, so next time I will increase the garlic and spices.
- 2 lbs red snapper fillets
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 4 tomatoes, peeled,seeded and coarsely chopped (I didn't bother to seed)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 pinch tarragon, thyme and basil
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fillets in well buttered baking dish and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes without browning.
- Stir in flour and add wine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and herbs.
- Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with bread crumbs and cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes.
- Please note that this is a high altitude recipe, baking time may be less at sea level.