Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Mayo Clinic Williams-Sonoma Cookbook.
Make and share this Red Snapper on Couscous With Peas recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups couscous
- 8 ounces canned chick-peas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 (5 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- In a large frying pan heat the OJ over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute until wilted ( 3 - 5 minutes).
- Stir in peas, salt, cumin and curry powder and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous, chickpeas, and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Arrange a single layer of the fish fillets on top of the couscous and dust with paprika.
- Cover and simmer until fish is opaque throughout and couscous has absorbed all liquid (about 10 minutes).