Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Very tasty and easy. From "Fish Cookery"
- 8 red snapper fillets
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 2 cups shrimp (small)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 cup hot fish stock
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons white wine
- Sauce: Melt butter, stir in flour off heat.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Gradually stir in milk and fish stock.
- Cook until thickened.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the egg yolks and cream, then stir in wine, salt and paprika to taste.
- Place each fillet of red snapper in center of a large square of aluminum foil.
- Heap 1/4 c.
- crab meat and 1/4 c.
- shrimp on top of each fillet.
- Cover each fillet with 1/8th of the sauce and seal.
- Place in 375F oven and heat through, about 30 minutes.