Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe off of 30 Minuite Meals. I use ocean perch and calamata olives in place of the capers and snapper. This would also be good with shrimp or any other seafood added to it. This has a really delicious taste and is very easy to make. I served it over rice.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 1⁄2 lbs any firm fish fillets, with skin,cut into 3 inch chunks.
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay works really well)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, 5 to 6 pieces,not in oil,but packed in pouches,coursely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers (I used chopped calamata olives)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Season fish pieces with salt, pepper and seafood seasoning.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies.
- Melt anchovies into oil.
- Add snapper, skin side down and crisp the skin.
- Turn and brown the fish in oil 3 minute Add wine and deglaze the pan, then add sun dried tomatoes, capers and scallions and stir in chicken stock.
- Stir the stew/soup gently so that you don't break the fish.
- Bring the broth to a simmer and cook another 3-5 minute to combine flavours.
- Serve fish in bowls with plenty of crazy broth.
- Garnish with parsley and pass plenty of crusty bread for dipping, dunking or mopping or simply serve over rice.