L. Duch's Note:
Got this recipe off of 30 Minuite Meals. I use ocean perch and calamata olives in place of the capers and snapper. This would also be good with shrimp or any other seafood added to it. This has a really delicious taste and is very easy to make. I served it over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs red snapper fillets or 2 1/2 lbs any firm fish fillets, with skin,cut into 3 inch chunks.
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (Old Bay works really well)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato, 5 to 6 pieces,not in oil,but packed in pouches,coursely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers (I used chopped calamata olives)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1Season fish pieces with salt, pepper and seafood seasoning.
- 2Heat a large deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies.
- 4Melt anchovies into oil.
- 5Add snapper, skin side down and crisp the skin.
- 6Turn and brown the fish in oil 3 minute Add wine and deglaze the pan, then add sun dried tomatoes, capers and scallions and stir in chicken stock.
- 7Stir the stew/soup gently so that you don't break the fish.
- 8Bring the broth to a simmer and cook another 3-5 minute to combine flavours.
- 9Serve fish in bowls with plenty of crazy broth.
- 10Garnish with parsley and pass plenty of crusty bread for dipping, dunking or mopping or simply serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Snapper in Crazy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.0
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 1291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 85.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: