Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an Emeril recipe.
Make and share this Red Snapper and Summer Vegetables Baked in Foil on a Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup zucchini, medium diced
- 1 cup squash, medium diced
- 1 cup roma tomato, medium diced
- 1 cup red onion, medium diced
- 1⁄4 cup olive, salad
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 4 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil, 15 inch squares
- 4 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 4 (8 ounce) red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces frisee
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 head endive, sliced thinly at a 45 degrees angle
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegetables with the olive salad, garlic, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Mix together to combine.
- Season the fish generously on both sides with the Emeril's Original Essence.
- Fold each piece of aluminum foil in half.
- Open each folded piece and place 1/4 of the vegetable mixture just below the crease and in the center of each foil square.
- Place a snapper filet on top of the vegetables.
- Drizzle each fillet with 1/2 a tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Fold the foil over the fillet and tightly crimp the edges to form a seal.
- Place the pouches on a sheet pan and place in the oven to bake for about 25 minutes.
- While the fish bakes, in a large mixing bowl, combine the frissee, baby spinach, endive and red onion.
- Season the lettuce with salt and cracked black pepper, and toss to combine.
- Divide the lettuces among 4 entrée plates.
- Remove the fish from the oven.
- Combine the shallots, vinegar and mustard in a medium bowl set over a plate covered by a dishtowel to prevent the bowl from moving while whisking.
- Whisk the mixture while gradually adding the remaining 1/3 cup of the olive oil.
- Gently pierce each fish packet and whisk the juices into the vinaigrette.
- Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish and vegetables over each salad.
- Divide the vinaigrette evenly over the 4 salads and serve immediately with crusty bread.