Recipe by Jacqueline in KY
Playing around in the kitchen one day my sister and I came up with this recipe; very simple, easy to make and quick.
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
Maybe these should be called Flaming Red Potatoes. Wow!!! Spicy beyond what my taste buds could handle. I made them, then tested a small bowl. Decided that they would be too spicy for the family, and actually rinsed them off to tame them a bit. DH still commented that they were really spicy.
- 4 -6 red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon spice essence
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice your potatoes with the skins on.
- Place diced potatoes in a pot of water and boil until done.
- Add butter, let melt and toss well to coat all potatoes.
- Combine all essence ingredients thoroughly. This essence will keep for several months in a container that is air tight.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the essence to the potatoes. I normally use Original but I have also used his Baby Bam and others.