1/3 Photos of Red Pepper & Red Onion Bread (Abm / Machine)
3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 40 mins
Ethan UK's Note:
There are lots of pepper /onion bread recipes. This uses fresh peppers and onion. It's very nice with cooked meats, cheese & tomato, tuna or salmon maybe with a bit of lettuce or salad. The smell whilst baking is out of this world! Oh, btw, it looks gorgeous too! (I suppose that you could replace half a tsp of the water for red food colouring, call it 'Red Bread'! and have it with sandwiches prepared for Halloween - :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 280 ml warm water (approx 38 celsius)
- 10 g powdered milk (approx 1 generous Tblsp)
- 400 g white bread flour (16 oz or 3 cups)
- 15 g granulated sugar (1 Tblsp)
- 10 g corn oil (1 Tblsp) or 10 g sunflower oil (1 Tblsp)
- 5 g salt (1 Tsp)
- 3 1/2 g bread machine yeast (1 Tsp, ever so slightly raised)
- 1Place bread machine pan on electronic scales and weigh in / add the ingredients. (280ml water weighs 280g).
- 2Replace pan in bread machine and start on suitable cycle - I favour the wholemeal cycle with a dark crust as it has the longest rise time but still has a beep for adding ingredients plus I like my bread to be crusty. Machines vary but the raisin bread setting should also be fine.
- 3Whilst the machine is kneading, chop and prepare the red pepper & red onion into a small bowl and season to taste with a little fresh ground black pepper, a very generous dash of dried (or fresh) garlic (possibly some basil/oregano if you fancy it herby, and paprika if you *really* love it spicy!).
- 4Add the pepper & onion a bit at a time during the last five minutes of the final knead (my machine does its beep five minutes before the end of the final (second) knead) as there is a lot of liquid in these fresh ingredients and if you add them all at once it would make the dough rather too wet. Basically add about half of them at the beep and the other half a few minutes later.
- 6(Time listed includes total kneading, rising & baking time).
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Pepper & Red Onion Bread (Abm / Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.6
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 249.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g