Spicy Red Pepper & Eggplant Confit
photo by EdandTheresa
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 2 lbs red bell peppers, tender-roasted (use Tender Roasted Bell Peppers to roast the peppers)
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) eggplants, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes with juice, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut roasted peppers into 1-inch pieces.
- Toss together all ingredients in a large roasting pan, then spread evenly.
- Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are very tender, about 1 hour. Cool before serving.
- Cooks' note:.
- Confit can be made 1 week ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature and stir before serving.
- **Cook time does not include letting the roasted peppers steam for 15 minutes, after broiling or allowing the confit to cool before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a native Texan and have lived in North Texas all my life. <br />I have a wonderful husband and we celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary on July 15, 2014! <br /><br /><a href=/\\expio1\users\jwilliams\My></a>I have three beautiful boys aged 17, 15, and 15. <br /><br />And then there's my little girls, Daisy & Chloe. Daisy is a terrier mix and Chloe is a Maltie-Poo.<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt=/ /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/RecipeSwap2.JPG alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/67103/smPACp.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/marienixon_715/kittencaljpg.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vseward/Bevy/officialmemberofthebevtaggame.jpg alt=/ /></p>