Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in Coastal Living Magazine. It's a little different than the other red pepper jelly recipes already posted. It was my first attempt at making jelly, and it was fun. The jelly was really good, very pretty in the jars. I got great feedback when I served this over a block of cream cheese.
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 medium jalapeno chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 5 cups sugar
- Process bell pepper and onion in a food processor 1 minute or till pureed.
- Combine red pepper puree, jalapeno chile, pectin, and vinegar in a large Dutch oven; bring to a rolling boil. Quickly stir in sugar, and boil 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Quickly pour hot jelly into hot sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top; wipe jar rims.
- Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling-water bath 10 minutes.