Recipe by Hag chef
I made this soup by experimenting with ingredients I had on hand. It turned out to be very tasty! It is also very healthy.
Top Review by Nora -e
We enjoyed this meal. We added a cup of vegetable broth and extra milk and used black pepper instead of white pepper. I did not puree it either. The aroma was also very delicous!
- 1 cup dried red lentils, rinsed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, roasted, chopped
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (or 5% cream)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the first 8 ingredients into a stock pot, or large saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Use an immersion blender, and puree the soup until no lumps remain, or puree in batches in a food processor or blender. (careful, it's hot!).
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir to blend, or use the immersion blender again, to get a nice smooth soup.
- Taste to adjust any seasoning.
- Bring it back to a simmer.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.