Recipe by I'mPat
From a feature of soups from our local paper.
Top Review by duonyte
We really enjoyed this soup this evening. I wanted a thinner soup so I used less sweet potato, and it turned out perfect. Sweet potato and red curry paste are such a natural combination. Of course, it's just an added bonus that this cooks so quickly. This made three servings for us, with me claiming the third serving for lunch tomorrow.
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1 brown onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 14.79 ml ginger (finely grated)
- 14.79 ml red curry paste
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1000.0 ml chicken stock
- 236.59 ml coconut cream (250ml)
- coriander leaves (to serve aka cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat and add the brown onion and garlic cloves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add finely grated ginger and red curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped sweet potato and chicken stock and cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut cream and bring back to a simmer.
- Blend with a hand held blender (or transfer to a processor - if you do this return to the pot to heat back up) until smooth.
- Divide between bowls and decorate with coriander leaves.