West Indian Sweet Potato Soup
A Huey recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 large onion, peeled & chopped
- vegetable oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons indian curry paste
- 4 chilies, chopped
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg sweet potato, peeled & cut into chunks
- 3 -4 bay leaves
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- vegetable stock
- Sauté celery, carrot and onion in a little vegetable oil until reasonably soft.
- Then add curry paste, chillies, garlic, sweet potatoes, bay leaves, thyme and parsley. Mix really well to coat with oil and add stock to cover. Bring to the boil and cook until vegies are tender.
- Remove bay leaves and blend, adding a little cream. Taste for seasoning.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Jules, we enjoyed this for lunch with fresh bread and butter. I used 1 chilli (ours are super hot) and the three teaspoons of paste. Another chilli would have blown our heads off ;-) I had to use dried thyme but it worked ok. *editing to add we ate the leftovers 2 days later with fresh chopped coriander and a good squeeze of lime juice stirred through. I thought this gave the flavour a huge lift and complimented the sweetness and spiciness really well.