This sweet-tart side dish is perfect accompaniment to any pork dish, or is good on it's own as a snack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice cabbage very thin.
- 2Heat fat in large frying pan or Dutch oven, toss in the cabbage.
- 3Add vinegar and salt, stir gently.
- 4Stick cloves in a medium size onion and bury it under the cabbage.
- 5Add water to cover and rest of spices, place a tight fitting lid on the pan and simmer very slowly 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.
- 6Add water as needed while cooking.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Cabbage (German Style)
Serving Size: 1 (238 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 479.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: