Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 -6 large carrots, grated
- 1 small red cabbage, grated
- 1⁄2 cup currants (if dry soak in water for 10 mins and drain well)
- 3 freshly squeezed lemons
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sumaq
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- chopped cilantro or chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Toss all the ingredients together and chill for an hour and serve.
This is a great dish! Excellent salad for summer bbq. Very tasty and most refreshing. I substituted cranberries for currant - the flavors gelled nicely. You can also use this salad as a filling for sandwiches or wraps too! Kudos for the posting!
This is a lovely salad, tart and refreshing. I was a bit generous with the raisins, which supply a required note of sweetness. However, be aware that I also only made one-third of the recipe, and as far as I am concerned, that made 4 to 6 servings. Beautiful - I'll be making this again.