Chilean Cucumber and Carrot Salad
One of my co-workers used to come running in with a cucumber, couple of carrots, fresh lime and a jar of chili powder, she would slice the veggies and toss with the lime juice and sprinkle the chili powder every few bites or so as a way of having a quick on the run lunch without eating fast food.
- Ready In:
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, can use more if you like
- salt, to taste
- red pepper, to taste (optional)
- Toss sliced veggies with fresh lime juice and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Adjust the seasoning to your own taste and serve.
- This salad does not hold well so please enjoy right away.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a really light and spicy veggie salad which keeps you coming back again and again just to nibble. I absolutely love carrots and I used some homegrown cucumbers that someone brought me from the farm. I used regular chili powder this time, but I might try ancho chili powder next time around. I am making quesadillas today and will serve this salad with them -- if there is any left. Made for Newest Zaar Tag, May, 2012.Reply