This recipe is adapted from www.crock-pot.com. I estimated the number of servings.
Make and share this Red Beans and Rice (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb dried red beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb smoked ham or 1 lb smoked turkey ham, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 -4 cups cooked rice
- Soak beans in water to cover overnight, drain, and rinse OR in a large pot, cover beans with 3 times their volume of water and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 1 hour. Discard water.
- Combine all ingredients except rice in crock. Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or on high for 5 to 6 hours.
- serve over hot cooked rice.