Recipe by sugarpea
Pretty, great tasting summer salad that serves 12 and includes sweet yellow cherry or pear tomatoes. Share it or keep it on hand in the refrigerator for great lunches and healthy snacks.
Top Review by ellie_
Wonderful tomato salad which we enjoyed with Broiled Chipotle Chicken w/ Creamy Spinach recipe#26138. This makes a lot of salad so I will be having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for sharing this easy salad recipe!
- 6 cups tomatoes, cut into wedges (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cups yellow cherry tomatoes (about 1 pound) or 2 cups red pear tomatoes
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaf, rinsed and patted dry
- 20 medium nicoise olives (about 1 cup) or 20 medium other brine-cured black olives
- 3 red onions, halved lengthwise and cut lengthwise into thin wedges
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper