Baton Twirling's Note:
Published by Chatelaine on 1/1/2011, I cook the ravioli at least half way before adding to the rest of the ingredients otherwise the pasta will be pasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 500 g Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 796 ml crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup cream, 35%
- 1/2 cup milk
- 227 g cremini mushrooms
- 700 g ravioli, preferably fresh spinach and cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat a large pot over medium.
- 3Add oil, then onion and garlic.
- 4Cook until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add sausage meat.
- 6Mash with a fork, stirring often to keep meat crumbly.
- 7Cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 8Add tomatoes and oregano.
- 9Season with fresh pepper.
- 10Stir in cream and milk until combined.
- 11Set aside 1 cup of sauce.
- 12Add mushrooms and ravioli to pot.
- 13Stir to coat.
- 14Pour into a 9 x 13-in. baking dish.
- 15Press down to even out ravioli.
- 16Pour reserved sauce overtop, then sprinkle with mozzarella.
- 17Bake in centre of oven, uncovered, until ravioli are cooked through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ravioli Lasagna With Sausage and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.1
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 997.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: