Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one is very easy to make, and is easy to make ahead, which is good for families. :) Only 7 WW points per serving!
- 2 cups eggplants, peeled & diced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat, steam-cook eggplant and next 8 ingredients (eggplant through red pepper); sauté 1 minute, or until soft.
- Add rice; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and broth; bring to boil. Add chickpeas; stir well. Spoon rice mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
Bland. Needed a lot of somethings to make it work, but just didn't know what to add. Would not add eggplant again, and it needs an opposing flavor, something that doesn't blend. Maybe a light sauce. All in all, not worth the time trying to make it something decent. Will not make again.
This was tremendous! Even my picky eater thought it was pretty good. And it was very easy to put together and not very time consuming - except for the chopping :). I will certainly make this again, but I think I'll omit the eggplant... it's not my favourite veggie. Otherwise, it was great!! :)