Recipe by Chesska
This one is very easy to make, and is easy to make ahead, which is good for families. :) Only 7 WW points per serving!
Top Review by jade1977
Bland. Needed a lot of somethings to make it work, but just didn't know what to add. Would not add eggplant again, and it needs an opposing flavor, something that doesn't blend. Maybe a light sauce. All in all, not worth the time trying to make it something decent. Will not make again.
- 2 cups eggplants, peeled & diced
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Heat large pan over medium-high heat, steam-cook eggplant and next 8 ingredients (eggplant through red pepper); sauté 1 minute, or until soft.
- Add rice; sauté 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and broth; bring to boil. Add chickpeas; stir well. Spoon rice mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until rice is tender.