Recipe by *Alia*
Delicious vegetable side dish
Top Review by mandymershon
I have never had ratatouille before but we are trying to eat vegetarian at least twice a week. This was what the kids wanted to try so I added it to our list and it's a keeper. I left out the peppers since I don't like them and we baked ours in 3 packets in the oven but everything else was as written. It was lovely as a main dish with a little sprinkling of cheese and some flatbread to scoop it up. Thanks!
- 1 small eggplant, peeled, quartered and cut in 1/8 inch slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 2 zucchini, cut in 1/8 inch slices
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut in 1/4 inch strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley and toss until well mixed.
- Divide mixture into 6 portions.
- Wrap each in 16 inch square of heavy duty foil and fold with a double fold leaving a space for expansion. Seal ends.
- Place packages on one side of barbeque grill over medium to high heat.
- Cook, turning once, 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Remove from heat.
- Cut an X in top of package and roll back corners.
- Sprinkle with parsley.