Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) packageprepared poundcake
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (for dusting)
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, cream together cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold 2 cups of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture; reserve remaining whipped cream.
- Slice pound cake into 18 ½- inch slices.
- Drain raspberries, reserving juice.
- Line the bottom of a 3 quart trifle bowl with one-third of the cake slices; drizzle with some raspberry juice.
- Spread one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture over cake.
- Sift one-fourth of the cocoa over that.
- Sprinkle with one-third of the raspberries.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Top with remaining cream cheese mixture, whipped cream and sifted cocoa.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours before serving.