Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
This is for southern living and these are perfect for a Christmas party because they look so festive. They are also perfect for a party where all you serve are heavy hors d'oeuvres or finger foods on a buffet, for the dessert portion. The orginal suggestion is to serve them in shot glasses (bought in bulk and clear are not very expensive) but I think they look just as pretty in a wine glass or a martini glass -- you just have to adjust for the larger glass size. This recipe is also good with strawberry preserves (but then it is more strawberry shortcake bites :) ) Also, make sure you get the soft lady fingers -- not the crunchy hard ones :) Cook time is assembly time. Please add 8 shot glasses (clear) to the ingredients list. Zaar does not recognize this food! ;)
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ladyfingers, halved crosswise
- 8 fresh raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave raspberry preserves in a small microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 20 seconds. Stir in liqueur.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy (about 1 minute).
- Beat heavy cream with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into a zip-top plastic bag. (Do not seal.) Snip 1 corner of bag with scissors to make a hole (about 1/2 inch in diameter).
- Press 1 ladyfinger half onto bottom of 1 shot glass. Repeat procedure with 7 more shot glasses. Drizzle about 1/2 teaspoons raspberry mixture into each glass. Pipe a small amount of cream cheese mixture evenly into each glass.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ladyfingers, raspberry mixture, and cream cheese mixture.
- Top each glass with 1 raspberry. Cover and chill 2 hours.