Recipe by mickeydownunder
Always inspired by what I read and see! This dessert is made economically! Simply delicious, SO easy to do! Look forward to the first review! http://www.frugalwannabecooks.com/2009/11/raspberry-tiramisu.html NOTE re servings, I like mini bite portions :)
Top Review by WiGal
This dessert is good, but I recommend two changes in directions- quickly dip the Italian lady fingers or Italian almond cookies (using your fingers) into liquid and out. Otherwise you will have soggy liquid at the bottom. I made this doing as step 2 now says-soaking them and ended up with a soggy dessert bottom. Hence, no photograph. I am totally convinced that that one change will make a huge improvement to recipe%u2019s appearance and taste. We felt the taste of the coffee was too strong but I am uncertain if that is b/c of too much liquid ending up in the pan or if the proportions are a tad off. The other minor change I suggest is to put out your mascarpone cheese earlier so that it is at room temperature before starting to blend in better. Thank you mickeydownunder for posting.
- 24 lady fingers
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Kahlua
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need 9" square deep dish or brownie pan.
- In a bowl combine together instant coffee, water and Kahlua. Soak 12 Lady Fingers in the coffee mixture and lay them on the bottom of the pan.
- Whip the heavy cream with electric mixer till thick, beat in the powdered sugar and then slowly beat in the Mascarpone cheese. Make sure the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Spread half of the cream onto the layer of Lady Fingers, spread the raspberries evenly. Soak the remaining 12 Lady Finger in the coffee mixture. Place them on top of the raspberries. Cover with the rest of the cream and sprinkle with cocoa.
- For best results, leave in fridge overnight.