Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was from the Biggest Loser. You can easily substitute the milk for soy milk + 1Tbls. arrowroot powder to make this dairy free.
- 532.32 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 59.14 ml fat free egg substitute
- 29.58 ml quick-cooking tapioca pudding
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla extract
- 19.71 ml seedless red raspberry spreadable fruit or 19.71 ml any other flavor fruit spread
- In a 3- quart saucepan, combine the egg substitute, tapioca and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring the tapioca mixture to a boil over medium high heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Spoon the tapioca into four, 6-oz containers. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour, stirring once.
- To serve, spoon 1 tsp fruit spread over the tapioca.
- Sprinkle with fresh raspberries and garnich with mint, if desired.
- To make dairy free:.
- Follow all directions as above, except;.
- Dissolve 1Tbls. arrowroot in 1/4 cup of the soy milk and set aside.
- After you have removed the pudding from the heat and you have added the vanilla extract, add the arrowroot and soy mixture. Stir as it thickens.
- Follow the rest of the directions as above.