Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I make these each summer when I can pick fresh berries. The toasted oats make these delicious!
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet on stovetop, toast the oats until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- (Don't skip this step) Blend the wet ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Mixture will be lumpy.
- Fold in the oats and then the berries.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove from pan immediately.
A nice muffin recipe! My only tweak was I used 1 T. oil and 3 T. applesauce. I'm always looking to cut the fat and calories! It isn't an overly sweet muffin, but a nice way to use fresh raspberries.
These were very good. My family (and neighbor) had 2 each! I've never used toasted oats before and called my sister to verify how to do it. I used a non-stick frying pan and turned the heat on medium until they just barely turned golden. The flavor does come through in the muffin and is different and good. I did add a teaspoon of vanilla for a little more flavor. Even with that, they still need something more. I think I would double the salt next time. After I tried one (and already took photos), I added a simple glaze on top to sweeten them up a little. Thanks for sharing. Pam
I wasn't a huge fan of these. They weren't very sweet. Just not my favorite recipe. I followed the recipe exactly, although I'm thinking I should have added in a little extra sugar.