Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from New Zealand and is essentially small sweetened drop biscuits with raspberry jam or preserves. A sprinkling of confectioner's sugar makes them irresistable.
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces raspberry jam or 4 ounces raspberry preserves
- 1 pinch salt
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating between each addition. Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Add to wet ingredients.
- Drop dough by teaspoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 400°F Cool.
- Once cookies are cool, spread flat side with raspberry jam or preserves. Place another cookie on top of preserves by the flat side. Done.
Very nice cookie. I made them as written and they turned out perfectly. We had them with a cup of coffee and it was a delicious treat. Thanks for posting the recipe.
Wow...these are pretty tasty! Made for DD 18th Birthday...They were gone in in 2 seconds flat...Made with raspberry perserves. DD wants me to make them again this weekend for Prom treats. Thanks for posting! Made and reviewed for Zaar Word Tour 5 for Zaar Chowhounds.