Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A decadent dessert that looks and tastes far more complicated than it really is. Use your favorite white cake recipe or use a mix. I recommend Kinnikinnick's White Cake Mix. Try to keep your layers distinctly separate and the results are beautiful! I wouldn't recommend using low fat cream cheese, it's just not the same! Make sure you use frozen berries, not fresh as you require the juice from the thawed berries.
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups white sugar, divided
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened (2 bricks)
- 4 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1 (8 inch) prepared white cake
- In a chilled bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1 cup of white sugar and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining white sugar.
- Beat in roughly 4 tbsp of the juice from the thawed raspberries. You may adjust this according to your desired consistency and colour.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped cream from step #1. Set aside.
- Slice the white cake into thin strips.
- Assemble in a large clear bowl or trifle dish in the following manner: 1/2 the cake pieces, 1/2 the raspberries, 1/2 the raspberry cream cheese mixture, 1/2 the whipped cream. Repeat layers.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
This is my new favorite dessert! I made it using a Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix and it was still heavenly.