Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Raspberry brownie recipe tweaked to suit my family's tastes. Note: the prep time includes freezing and thawing.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour, heaping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3⁄8 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt choclate and butter. This can be done in the microwave, but I prefer doing it on the stove because I feel like I have more control over it.
- Add sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- If using the stovetop, remove the pan from heat and add eggs.
- Add flour, stir until smooth and completely blended.
- Add walnuts.
- Pour half of the batter into a well-greased 8 X 8 inches baking dish.
- Freeze for about a half an hour, or until you can poke the surface of the batter without your finger sinking inches.
- Gently spread the jam with a butter knife and add the rest of the batter.
- Let it thaw for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean (remember there will be some jam on it!).